Arcora Foundation provides complimentary in-office Continuing Medical Education (CME) training that takes approximately 90 minutes and addresses:
- Dental disease and the impact on families and communities,
- The link between oral health and overall health,
- Providing oral health education and anticipatory guidance to clients and families,
- Hands-on practice applying fluoride varnish (and how to bill for this service),
- Referring children to dental care.
Nearly 1 in 3 primary care medical providers across the state have been trained to deliver preventive oral health care during well-child checks. Washington Health Care Authority Apple Health Program (Medicaid) reimburses trained and certified primary care medical providers for delivering oral screenings, oral health education, and fluoride varnish applications. Providers also refer children to a dentist for follow-up care as needed.
Training materials, parent education tools and fluoride varnish samples are provided, along with ongoing technical support. Visit Arcora Foundation’s KidsOralHealth.org website to learn more, or contact Madlen Caplow by email or at 206-473-9542 to schedule an in-office training.